The fifth guideline for safe carpooling is that users know what data is being saved and what happens with it.
- User data isn’t shared with third parties (non-profit or for-profit).
- Personal Identifiable Information isn’t shared with other members of the community, unless you grant permission to do so
- Toogethr is responsible for adequate protection of your data.
- You carry responsibility as well, for example by not sharing your personal data in the chat or giving your password to another user.
- Toogethr only provides data to government officials in case a verified official request is submitted.
Protection of data
Toogethr has taken a number of measures to secure data:
- All communication with Toogethr (including the apps and the website) runs through a secured connection (SSL certified).
- Toogethr’s servers are located in a safe environment.
In case software of third parties is used, all the latest security patches are installed.