The third guideline for safe carpooling is that the rules are clear and that everyone knows them.
Rules are meant to make clear what is needed for a fun and safe community – and what is not. They set the standards for good relations amongst our users. When other users don’t abide by these rules, you can report this with Toogethr.
Most rules are obvious and go hand in hand with contact between people, or driving a vehicle:
- Show respect to one another.
- Sexist, discriminatory or racist language is strongly prohibited.
- Give direct and honest answers to a question.
- Keep to the agreements you make, and show up on time.
- Obey the law: driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal.
- Don’t distract the driver of the vehicle.
- Give clear signals on if you’d like to talk or not, don’t keep talking if the other person isn’t interested. Silences don’t have to be awkward.
- Don’t be on your phone or wear a headset the entire ride.
Other rules are specifically for Toogethr:
- Make sure your car is clean and safe
- If you’re not on time, the other person doesn’t have to wait longer than 15 minutes. As a passenger who’s late, you’ll lose your contribution.
- Don’t use Toogethr as a chat or dating platform.
- If you want to bring luggage, discuss this beforehand.
- If you smoke in your car, make sure to put this in your profile.
- You must have a valid liability insurance.
- Unlicensed taxi's or other illegal commercial activities are prohibited.
- You can’t let your passenger drive. Otherwise, you may be uninsured.